Wednesday 18 October 2017

Hooray for Holiday

So as I promised, here is a blog about the last few weeks now that the chaggim are past and I'm settled in back at work. I'm telling you it’s been a tough week getting back into the swing of things with all the Jewish Holidays in the last few weeks and then the office being closed for 10 days.

Still it was nice to have a break, I never had time off between my last job and this one, just a weekend to rest and prepare so my last long holiday was over Pesach when I was in England so this was a nice thing to have.

So I started my holiday with babysitting, after over 20+ years since I last did this job, I did it again, this time looking after my little cousin Lev for my cousin and his wife to have an evening out.  It’s kind of funny that I actually can say I babysat for Lev's father as well.  But it was easy enough and although Lev woke up I was okay with it and they've asked me to do it again so I shouldn't grumble... maybe I should hire myself out as a babysitter as a 2nd job for extra income....

Following that I spent the first day of Sukkot down in Beersheba with my friends Derek and Melissa which was fun and nice to get away from Tel Aviv.  I had thought of staying till after Shabbat but decided to come back before hand, however it’s a good thing I did as I had accidently left the Freezer open since I left 2 days earlier. Luckily most of the food survived this accidental defrosting.

After a chilled Shabbat, I visited a friend in Ra'anana for lunch and a catch up.  Then over a couple of days I helped another friend out by taking a dog for a walk... again another idea for extra income ;-).  I also attended the Icon festival, visited Netanya and then it was the last of the Chaggim.  Following the festivities at the Tel Aviv International Synagogue, it was time to kick back and relax for the last few days of holiday which surprisingly were quite busy.

On the Thursday I visited with relatives on my Mother side of the family who were staying on the other side of Tel Aviv so it was nice to cross over Ramat Gan for a nice walk and a catch up with family I've not seen for a long time. On Friday I joined friends for Shabbat dinner and again it’s been a while since I had seen them so it was good to catch up.

Finally I finished my holiday with lunch with my Cousin in Tel Aviv and his wife and little one and his brother who was visiting from Rehovot with his wife and kids and it was short but sweet.  It’s always nice to see family.

After that I'm back at work and wanting another holiday lol. Still it’s nice to be back at work.  Anyway that's all from me for now, a new blog will be up next week as on Tuesday its 6 years since I made Aliyah, so I suppose I can do a review of my time here.  So stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment