Monday 10 December 2018

Update to the last post LOL

So after my last post a few days ago, I thought I would update as there have been changes.... more stress :-(.  And at least I know someone has read it since they commented on my post....

Anyway, spoke with the landlord for this potential apartment yesterday (Sunday).  Apparently he wanted to change the goal posts as it were, increase the rent after 2 months, which he hadn't done with the previous tenant (I asked her).  He also wanted a ridiculous amount of security from myself and from a guarantor and maybe its good to be cautious about your tenants, but there is being cautious and there is overkill.  And when you mention it to various friends living here and they are like 'abort, abort'. You know you have made the right decision to back away from this. So with 3 weeks until the end of the month I'm back to apartment hunting.

However, I should point out that friends have offered me an opportunity regarding the apartment hunting which could help me out for a few months and I will be grateful that they are willing to help.

This situation is one of the ones that sometimes makes me feel like I'm not suited to life in Israel, that I should just pack up and go back to England, where everyone speaks the same language, but I suppose my parents didn't raise me to quit... even though I feel like currently curling into a ball and just laying there doing nothing.

Also, although not that common knowledge my Dad was in hospital for 2 and a half weeks at the end of October and part of November.  He is back home and getting better, but its tough to be here in Israel while your Dad is in Hospital.  People said why didn't you go back to the UK and yes I considered it. But honestly I would have just spent my time going between the hospital and my parents flat and worrying.  My Mum kept me updated.  But this situation is one of those where I realise how really hard it is to be away from the UK and from family.

No comments:

Post a Comment