Friday 15 March 2019

Cooking

So someone mentioned to me after reading my last blog that I've not mentioned that I have started cooking since I moved apartments.

The benefits of moving into a full apartment where I am on my own are great, I have my own space, no-one to tell me off for being too loud or eating something that they don't like. It’s great and best of all it has a proper kitchen.

Now I can cook and in years past I did cook occasionally, but over the years it definitely became a case of can cook, don't want too. However, moving into this new apartment for however long it lasts, gave me the opportunity to try and try I have.


I'm sure those of you who are on my Facebook have seen my pictures of my attempts at cooking. While most of the attempts might not look pretty, they're tasty and I'm still here lol. So far I've successfully made Chicken Soup and Kneidlach.  It wasn't perfect, but it worked and was tasty. I'm planning to try again tonight, so watch this space :-). 

Image may contain: food

I have also tried to make meatballs, which didn't work as well as I hoped, but I know where I went wrong, so when I try again it should work. I also made most recent schnitzel, now the first couple of attempts did not go right, in fact they kind of looked like I had thrown them into the flame directly LOL.  So I had to throw them away and try again and while they might not be as perfect as others, they turned out okay.

Image may contain: food

I'm pretty pleased with myself for now finding the time and trying to cook.  As I said to someone on my attempts, maybe they don't look perfect, but with time and practice, I'm sure I'll maybe have food good enough for others to eat.

Anyway if people have ideas for recipes and want to send them to me so I can attempt, feel free to do so.

Image may contain: food
Dinner with the schnitzels I made


No comments:

Post a Comment