Sunday 13 May 2012

Down but not out

Well its been a busy few weeks, applying for jobs here in Israel trying to find my 1st start and first wage here. Its a struggle, but I've had interviews which is more than I had back in the UK. Still very tough and getting the interviews but not getting past the final hurdle. Its quite disheartening and I hope that someone very soon will recognise my potential and give me the opportunity to work for them, in the meantime its keep applying and trying to stay positive. Though I admit that has been a bit of a struggle the last few days after some job interviews which I felt went really well and then I didn't get. But persevering I will continue to apply. Apart from that, been pretty quiet, its difficult to do much when you have little money so most of my time is on the PS3, Computer or watching DVDS, also feeling very isolated from friends I've made here in Israel, especially those in Haifa. I realise everyone has their own lives but in the 5 weeks since I left Haifa, I've barely heard a peep from any of my new friends and its hard not to feel a little abandoned and hurt that no-one isn't even interested in dropping a quick text to say 'Hi Adam, how are you?. Okay maybe that a bit of rant, but hey when you got no-one to talk to, got to voice your frustrations somewhere LOL. Apart from that, had a good Saturday night, went to play pool with a few new friends even though my Pool skills are shockingly poor LOL it was fun and today, hanging with David and Tal Allen was fun, nice distraction from the empty apartment of the last 3 days :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment