Monday 28 May 2012

I have a job

Yep the title is correct, not a joke. I have work :-). After a few months of searching and after at least a dozen interviews I've got a job. Last week I had 3 interviews and an informal chat with Berlitz Language School. Of the interviews the first one didn't go well and was a no within minutes of the interview. The 2nd also in Tel Aviv went well but seems I didn't get it. Even rang to follow up and didn't get a reply so a definite no then and then Wednesday I had 2 more interviews, the 1st with Berlitz here in Rishon and they are quite happy to put me on the training if I want to, at present though I do feel that I need a full time role first before I can look into teaching English. Anyway the second interview on Wednesday was in Lod and is for a Customer Service role and after 24 hours of waiting I was rewarded with the nicest phone call I've received in a while asking me if I wanted the job :-). Needless to say I said yes and I start training tomorrow. It’s actually a bit scary as it’s another new thing here in Israel, but also amazing as it’s my 1st job in a new country. But as I said scary because it’s new, but with training I hope that I will not only enjoy the job but excel at it. Apart from that, this past weekend was Shavuot and it was a quiet one, but I was good and went to synagogue, still getting used to the fact that services are earlier here than in the UK as the service on Saturday for Shabbat was finished by 10.45... I got there at 10 as they were starting the Mussaf Amidah and Sunday the service started at 7.30 and was finished around 10.30. Still get used to it, like everything it takes time.

4 comments:

  1. Well done. Hope your first day goes really well and that by the end of the week maybe you'll be running the company! Seriously though, proud that after a lot of stressful interviews, you've finally got a job. May it be all you hope for and even better than you could hope for.

    Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Hope the first day goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Adam. Joanne and I wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete