Saturday 23 November 2013

I was on Television

Well it’s another week on and it’s been a fairly busy week, including work and some social activities as well as the appearance on Israel Channel 2.

As I said before I wasn't sure if I was looking forward to my appearance, with editing I could have looked bad or said something taken out of context, fortunately the segment was only 9 minutes, and my appearance as about 2 minutes so it wasn't bad, but 2 minutes for being filmed for nearly an hour and a half is very good.  Shortly after the piece aired I actually received messages from friends saying how proud they were of me, I also received messages from strangers who themselves had seen the program.

One of them in particular wanted to discuss a job opportunity with me, and though I did speak with him, I don't think the opportunity is for me.  Otherwise people messaged me and told me I looked okay and spoke well.  I hope that as most of the people spoke about Aliyah and that they were actually going back having not been able to settle, most people realised that I know this is hard.  Too start a new life is difficult, but I want to make this work here in Israel and that while I'm still settling, compared to a year ago I'm in a lot better position.  I also got recognised by a couple of people while out, one was the Bus Driver from my regular morning bus to the train station and a supermarket checkout person near where I work also mentioned it.  Apparently I heard that my cousin who lives here in Tel Aviv had it mentioned to him, if he mentioned his surname which is pretty cool.

So apart from hanging out with friends and doing a spot on television, it’s been a decent week, a few more events and things to go to in this week and hoping to catch up with a couple of friends from Ulpan so it should be good.

Anyway that is all for now, look forward to hearing your thoughts on my thoughts very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment