Friday 16 May 2014

Hull City and the FA Cup Final

Well I didn't think I would ever title a blog status about Hull City, but with tomorrow being Hull City's first ever FA Cup final and possibly biggest match ever to date I felt compelled to post something.

My love and following of Hull City began back as a Twelve Year Old with my Father taking me to my first match.  Where we went to Boothferry Park to see Hull take on Plymouth Argyle in a Tuesday night match in April 1990 which ended with City coming back from 3-1 down to finish the match 3-3.  Since then I've been a regular to see City, from memorable matches such as seeing City beat Darlington 5-2 after being 2-1 down at half-time.  That one now reminds of me our Semi-Final against Sheffield United, 2-1 down and not playing well and we came back into the match in the 2nd half.

I've seen City at their worst and at their best, from the bottom of the Football League to the Premier League, I've seen it all.  From virtually going out of business in 2001 and I and others went every week to cheer on the team, which did not know if this was the last match of Hull City AFC we would ever see.  To a new dawn with a new owner and a new ground and up the Football League.  It’s been a bumpy ride that I've had sat back and enjoyed and felt every kind of emotion possible.  I honestly believe Football is the one sport that every fan feels more emotions than they felt possible, that every kick, every tackle they live.

Now Hull City is just 24 hours away from the biggest match of the clubs history and for some of the players it’s the biggest match of their career.  I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, to feel the pressure that I know they probably feel, but if I could say one thing to them, it would be to enjoy the day and do us proud tomorrow.

Hull City you are my team and I am proud to wear your colours, through the bad times and the good times and with another season in the Premier League and Europa League beckoning, these are good times and even though I am not there at Wembley, I will be cheering you on tomorrow till my voice runs out.  Up The Tigers.

No comments:

Post a Comment