Saturday 1 October 2016

Updating the blog and its nearly Rosh Hashana

Well its been a while since I've posted and I'm sorry for that, I would have posted more, but feels like I've been very busy.

So since I last posted, there have been more departures at work and a few new arrivals.  It actually feels like a train station, people coming and going all the time. A former colleague remarked to me that it was so different when he dropped in a couple of weeks ago as he didn't really know anyone and I agree, while there are people still in the office who have been there since before I started and probably be there long after I've gone, it feels like a lot has been lost.  But the new people are cool so I have no complaints.

I've also continued my own search for a new position, my next opportunity.  Its tough and I'll admit I'm finding it tough, I've actually had interviews but no success and like anyone I could hide away and let it get to me.  But I'm doing everything I can to find the next opportunity, to continue my settling in Israel.

I'm almost at the 5 year mark here and am I settled, I'm not sure. Life is hard and its a challenge, but I'm still fighting to make it here.

Meanwhile, I've had a visit from my parents and they stayed with me for ten days and it was nice to spend time with them and get out and about.  It will now be another 6 months before I see them again though as I plan to visit England in April.

Socially I've gotten about, I had great fun at a Nefesh B'Nefesh games night.  Yes I came last in Ticket to Ride, but it was a great evening and then I've had fun seeing friends over the last couple of weeks.

Tomorrow is the start of the Chaggim, by this time tomorrow Rosh Hashana will have commenced.  For me I will be spending it with my good friends Melissa and Derek Pursell down in Beersheva, which is always fun.  Then onto Yom Kippur, which I'm not sure where I will be for it though.

Otherwise looking forward to dogsitting for two different dogs, 1 for Bella my cousins dog for the evening and then in November for Kiki, so the Diary of Kiki will return then :-).

Anyway thats all for now, in a few weeks I will do a 5 years in Israel blog.  But for now, Shana Tova, I wish all my Jewish family and friends a Sweet and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment