Monday 22 August 2016

Changes all around me

This post was inspired by one of my current work colleagues, well current until tomorrow when she becomes former colleague, but hopefully still in touch as a friend.  It kind of inspired me to write about change.

Heraclitus a Greek philosopher wrote that "The Only Thing That Is Constant Is Change”.  And he is correct, otherwise we would all be standing still and nothing would improve in life.  For me at the moment I do feel a certain amount of standing still.  I've changed apartments in the last couple of months and it’s a better apartment, good location for social life and work, but apart from the losing weight which is a good change, I don't feel that I've made many changes lately.

At the moment I am feeling a like I am ready for a change, but perhaps its the time of year and the fact that people are moving on and I am in fact envious of the people who have recently moved on and are moving on from the office and going onto new things and new challenges.  There are other aspects in my life that are pretty stale and I'm working to change them, but everything with time and patience, hopefully with my birthday now come and gone everything will fall into place. 

It’s sad that they are moving on, as I would like to think they have become friends over the time we have been in the office and shared a few laughs. But like I said things do change and people move on and those left behind go on.

I also don't want to forget a couple of friends who are moving on not from work, but moving from Israel to the Netherlands and I wish them a lot of luck and I will visit them soon.

Well not much else to say, but to Nicole, Noa, Keren, Yodan, Daniella and Lee, all moving on to better and brighter things, we have shared a few laughs in the office, I wish you nothing but the best in your next challenge that life brings you and I will miss you guys, stay in touch and I'm sure I will see you soon.

So what can I take away from this one that change is bad, or is change good?  I think sometimes things staying the same is good, but without change we don't make progress, so change is inevitable... except from a vending machine LOL.

Until next time.
  


2 comments:

  1. That's a great message! Nice punchline as well :D
    I think one change at the time (like you do now) is a good thing, easier than all at once (though sometime it's not under your control).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great message! Nice punchline as well :D
    I think one change at the time (like you do now) is a good thing, easier than all at once (though sometime it's not under your control).

    ReplyDelete