Saturday 6 August 2016

Fight to get where I want to be

I'm writing this mainly, because as a few people have noted, my Facebook statuses have been a little depressing lately and quite negative.

Let me start by saying I'm fine, I'm going through a bad patch, its not easy being in Israel and certainly its tough without being able to pop over to see my Mum and Dad and have a chat and a hug from my Mum (yes I'm 38, nearly 39, but a hug from my Mum is still needed sometimes).  Though 5 weeks I'll actually get that hug as my folks are coming to stay with me for 10 days, which I'm look forward too.

I think part of the slightly negative tone of my posts is the feeling of frustration that things are not going my way, even though I'm doing everything right, I'm not seeing the end result I want.  I know people say, what I want to succeed at will eventually happen, but every lack of response, every rejection, it wears on you and does get to you, even if you try not to let it do so.

I said it last night on Facebook, after a particular post I made in the morning, when something I had seen really upset me and I shouldn't have let it get to me, but it did.  I know their was no malice on intent, but the one thing that feels like a struggle is my social life and sometimes it feels like I'm forgotten by my friends, never intentionally, but they don't include me and it does get to get to you, especially when your trying to build a life in a new country.

But as I also said, I do appreciate my friends and I'm looking forward to hanging out with them at my pizza party on my actual birthday and birthday night out the following night.

As they say its always darkest before the dawn and hey it could be worse, I could be the Hull City team, as seen in there 2016/17 squad photo.


Seriously though if the Hull City players can poke fun at themselves over the stuff going on with the club at the moment, I can roll with the punches, and get past these roadblocks that seem to be in my way.  It might not happen overnight, but I will get to where I'm trying to go in life.  I just need to learn patience and let myself relax and enjoy and appreciate what I have.

Thanks for reading and next post, birthday blog :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment