Friday 12 August 2016

Birthday Blog

Well what a difference a week makes!

It’s a week since I was probably at my lowest place and state of mind since coming to Israel.  Now has anything changed in relation to my work situation and my dating life?  No, I'm still searching for both, but conversations with friends and co-workers has put me in a better frame of mind and the fact that I've celebrated my 39th Birthday as well.

Hard to believe I'm 39, actually a lot of people needed me to show id to prove I am on the basis that I look younger.  A lot of people have said my weight loss has certainly helped me look better and younger and while I can't see it myself, I'm not one to turn down compliments :-).

So Wednesday was my birthday and I'm not sure what I was expecting, I was in work because I want to save my days off for when my Mum and Dad come to Israel in September to visit.  I had a few WhatsApp and texts and a couple of cards wishing me happy birthday and the obvious greetings on Facebook.  I knew a few colleagues also knew it was my birthday as well.  So anyway mid-morning I decided to get cakes for the office in celebration of my birthday, sending an email around I wasn't surprised who was there first to get a cake LOL and there was various email responses to my email wishing me Mazal Tov on my birthday.

So after that, I thought, okay back to work until around 1pm when one of my colleagues pretty much kidnapped me to the cafeteria.  I'd been so wrapped up, dedicated to my work that I hadn't seen people disappear to the cafeteria, where they had gotten cakes and goodies and balloons to celebrate my birthday.  I honestly did not expect anything like this and actually kind of embarrassed by it all.  But I'm very grateful to the people who organised it and if they're reading this, they know they are and I thank you :-).

So that was the work festivities out of the way, I had invited a group of friends to mine to join for a pizza party, which was fun, just a few good people, chatting, eating snacks and pizza, a very chilled and relaxed affair.  Then onto last night, I had decided a while back I wanted to do a party, originally it was going to be another house party but then I decided I didn't want to clean up after myself LOL.  So I found a bar to book a table, invited friends, colleagues, and ex-colleagues and for nearly 5 hours, we sat around, drinking, laughing, and having fun.  

I'm very happy, grateful to everyone who came to both parties and as I said in a Facebook status, I'm not going to name you all, because you know who you are and how much I appreciate you guys for making this probably the best birthday I've had in Israel so far. I honestly think the Thursday night party, should be a regular thing, chance to get out with the co-workers and the like and just have a good evening away from the office.

Anyway apart from the whole birthday celebrations, it’s been a relatively quiet week. Although after the last few days I'm now really tired and looking forward to sleeping the rest of the weekend away LOL!

I hope you enjoyed reading, as always comments are appreciated.            


No comments:

Post a Comment