Saturday 15 April 2017

Fighting a losing battle?

Hi all,

So been a long time since I actually posted.  For those of you who are on the Facebook page I commented that my head wasn't in the right place and those who I have talked to, know what has been going in regards to one aspect of my life.  But I feel like I need to post, just to write again.

So since the beginning of the year, work has been very consuming of my life, I suppose I should be proud or honored that my work seems to need me a lot, which is why I'm working long hours and such.  But I don't feel that, in some ways I feel so unappreciated by work or at least in certain places of work.  I know I do a good job, but it feels like its not noticed.

I'm looking to move on, but I feel like its a losing battle, many applications, very little response and even then the interviews I haven't gone as well as I could.  Whether its my lack of experience or they are looking for something else that I don't have, I don't know.  I've even asked for feedback on the rare occasions I get a rejection, but I never get an answer.  I think my CV is in the best state it has been. Like I said I don't know where the fault is.  Is my mindset for interviews in a bad place, is something making me fail? I don't know, but as I'm approaching 5 and a half years in Israel, I'm not sure where my head is in regards to work in Israel.

Socially my life has kind of sucked, probably because of work and working long hours, I'm still unsure how much I've missed out, what opportunities have I lost because of it.  Still I have managed to hang out with friends, but when I come back to Israel from the UK, I must fight past this and make an effort to reconnect with my friends and get out and about.

And yes currently I'm in the UK on a holiday to enjoy Pesach with the family.  Things kind of not gone my way while I've been here, in terms of wanting to visit London.  Due to circumstances beyond my control I missed out on that and it was one of the things I was looking forward to, seeing my friends and their kids.  But I hope to come back to UK sooner rather than later and not leave it to 2 years this time before I get back to the UK this time.  I did get to see a couple of friends which was good, but one of the drawbacks of being in England for Pesach and Easter time is getting to see people.

The fact is I'm not sure where my head is, Israel is the place where I want to be, but right now I'm feeling very unsure of myself and where I'm going and where I stand and feeling very isolated.


No comments:

Post a Comment