Saturday 12 August 2017

Birthday Blog

Well I've not blogged for a few weeks, been busy etc.  Nice to actually say that.  Anyway as most of you know... well probably because I told you it was my 39th and 12 months birthday two days ago. 

So it was a fun day, started with a massage and breakfast at Herods Hotel (thank you groupon).  Then some shopping, relaxing, picking up a package from my friend Mark, love the t-shirt he sent.  Nice cards from my parents, lots of messages on Facebook and drunken frivolity at a bar in Tel Aviv... I mean nice, relaxed drinking... because I don't get drunk... ;-) After all I'm 40 now and I should behave. Work was also pretty nice as they day before, before I came to work they decorated my desk and from my department they gave me a gift voucher and cake :-).  And from the company itself I also got a gift voucher.  Certainly is different from other places I have worked.

Anyway work is going well, it’s now been 2 and a half months and I'm settling in I believe.  It’s very hard work and I am feeling the pressure, but I'm doing my best and I hope my superiors are happy with me.  Still I've had meetings with Japan, Hong Kong, France, Australia, UK and Germany.  I'm preparing reports for them and it’s tough, as I have to be much focused and then there is other stuff I need to do.  I am actually doing the job of two people at the moment as the other person is on Maternity leave. Still I'm doing fine I hope.

Otherwise I had an visitor from England which was nice and socially I've managed to get out and I have things to look forward to coming up over the next few weeks, so I'm feeling only good things are here for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a great Birthday, good luck with work xx

    ReplyDelete