Saturday 22 July 2017

Working fine

So another week has passed, I'm nearly at the 2 months stage of being in the office and I'm really starting to feel at home in this office. Had a moment when I received an email from outside the people I usually deal as a result of actions I had taken on behalf of the company as part of my job.  My supervisor laughed, apparently I wasn't the first to receive emails from someone regarding things we have done.  Still was strange but also amusing to feel that I am actually doing something that makes a difference to the company.

Still I have a lot of work to do and it’s a lot of responsibility.  But I am feeling up to the task, even though it’s very daunting.  I am currently working on checking all the areas my department deals with and it’s a lot of work.  Especially as I can't focus on this solely as I have other things coming up that I need to take care of.  I am coping though, I'm asking questions and I feel that everyone sees I'm doing a good job and getting slowly but surely used to everything.

Otherwise apart from work, I've been trying to exercise more as I'm still trying to lose weight, not always successfully as the last two weigh INS have proved where I've put back a kilo :-(.  Still I'm getting out there and had a couple of long walks in the last few days.

Work wise while I'm getting settled finally, I feel still a bit socially unsorted. It’s not that I don't have the time or make the effort, but there are times when I feel like I'm the one making all the effort with friends, I mean sure there are times I do sit waiting for the phone call, but it takes effort on both sides and sometimes I feel that unless I post a blog or something on Facebook, it would not be noticed that I was not around.

Maybe it’s all in my head, I suppose as I get closer to my birthday, I'm dwelling on the past year and what I have and have not accomplished... still got a visit from a friend from the UK for a couple of week from next weekend, a birthday party arranged by my friend down south and my own party arranged by me to look forward.  Also at some point, will arrange a spa day for my birthday, after all why shouldn't I relax on my 40th... yes I said it... I'm going to be 40 in less than 3 weeks now....

Anyway for now, I'm off to beat up people on the PS4, because I'm Batman... hope you like and will comment, bye for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment