Friday 6 April 2012

Goodbye Haifa, Hello Rishon

Well it has happened, I've now moved from Haifa to Rishon LeZion near Tel Aviv. I drove myself and my new roomie Jovana in a car full of our stuff.. A bit scary to not only drive in Israel, but also drive a fair distance in a very full car, but I made it, I think once I got out on the main roads I was a lot more comfortable driving. After arriving and dropping our stuff off in the apartment, we took a trip to IKEA in Rishon to buy various bits needed for the apartment and finally before settling down a trip to a supermarket to buy various bits. Monday saw me return the car to the firm we had hired from and that was weird as this time I drove on my own and not with an instructor or even my friend. But I managed it and in some ways it proves that I can drive in Israel, I just need a bit of practice.

Following that Monday and Tuesday were spent getting the apartment suitable for us to live in it. It was clean but Jovana gave it a clean for her standards :-). And so far before I left the apartment on Wednesday, we had received all we ordered, with the exception of the Television and organising the Television, Phone and internet package. Also on Monday I actually returned to Haifa to pick up the last few bits we had left behind in Haifa and also retrieve a friend of ours Hena who was coming to stay for a couple of nights before she and I flew back to Manchester for Pesach.

Yep that is right people I've said goodbye to Israel for 12 days and returned to England to collect my DVD player and Playstation 3 and more DVDS...... okay and visit my parents and sister LOL. I've been back since Wednesday evening and it feels a bit weird to be back, I know only 5 months have passed, but still very strange to be back. Still its good to see the family. Then its back to Israel to continue my new life and find myself a job, fingers crossed I won't be too long out of work when I get back... though I will have my PS3, so I shouldn't get bored lol.

Finally Happy Easter and Chag Sameach

No comments:

Post a Comment