Tuesday 18 September 2012

1st Rosh Hashana

Well my 1st Rosh Hashana here and it felt a bit weird as this is the first time I've been away from my family at Rosh Hashana. Even back in days when I was still in London, most of the time I would be at my parents for the holidays or if not I was at least in the same country. Still it felt very weird to be here and not with family. Still I went to the Massorti for services and also via them had hospitally for both day's lunch and Erev Hag Dinner, so worth the walk to get there :-) I'm really looking forward to seeing what it is like here for Yom Kippur, I've been told that there are no cars on the road at all except for Police and Ambulances so to have a brief period where there is silence and no car horns and no screeching tyres will be interesting to see. Anyway what else to tell you since last I blogged and pretty much nothing else to tell you, back to work tomorrow and while I'm glad to be working, its good for a short week as well :-). And at least in my position I'm dealing with the UK so I don't have to worry about understanding someone or them understanding me. I think the most amusing thing is 1 of my fellow employees is a girl I made aliyah with nearly 12 months ago so that is kind of cool. Otherwise, 1 friend has moved to Rishon in the last 2 weeks and a friend also looking to move here... The Brits are taking over Rishon. Seriously though it will be nice to have a few more friendly faces in the area and to hang out with as well Oh forgot this, went into work last Monday and there was gifts from the company I am working for and for the Recruitment Agency who I am officially working through for Rosh Hashana. Needless to say I have a lot of chocolate now and a bottle of wine. Plus some bathroom stuff. But I think very cool. Anyway hope everyone has had a great and happy Jewish New Year and you all have a safe and easy fast. Shana Tova.

No comments:

Post a Comment