Saturday 29 September 2012

Yom Kippur and is anyone reading this

Well had my 1st Yom Kippur here and I survived it lol. Now the fasting part was easy, I think what got me was the walking part, where 3 times in the actual day of Yom Kippur I ended up walking to and from where I was attending services which usually wouldn't be a problem, but when your not eating or drinking it does have it downside. Otherwise I enjoyed the service it was slightly different to what I was used to and I'm not sure if I would go there again, though I was made to feel very welcome which was nice. Also they had a break in the middle of the day which is something new. But we shall see as I said to someone I have to find the right fit for me for when I go to synagogue. The other really interesting thing is in Israel everything just stops over the 25 hour period. As I was walking to services there were still cars on the road, but by the time I walked home at 7pm the only cars on the road were either Ambulances or Police Cars. Instead of the usual traffic there were kids aplenty on bikes, with people walking in the road and even on the highway. So very strange to see that as well as on a normal day the idea of walking/cycling on the road would be sheer lunancy.... (okay I've managed to get lunancy in a blog..nice) But seriously I would have loved to have taken a picture of it all, but as I don't carry my phone on Yom Kippur I couldn't which is a shame, but having seen other people's pics it does look very strange. Apart from that work is good, slightly changed from what we were originally doing, but still similiar. I'm still trying to find my style for this job and I hope that this week I will find the style and confidence with it. But otherwise it feels like a nice place to work and I'm working with a good team of people, (majority is young ladies) so I hope that though this job is temporary it will become full-time at the end of the year. And the other thing in my title is, I am wondering if people are reading this blog, I know a few people have commented but they are few and far between. I started the blog as a way for people friends and family to know what's going on with me now that i'm in a new country. I'm not insisting on replies, but it would be nice to have a few comments on what's I'm posting just to know that I'm not writing this just for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment