Sunday 7 October 2012

The Year of Blogging

Well as promised if you saw my Facebook status, its a year of blogging. A year since I left my job and London, my family and even the UK entirely. I've had 5 months of study and fun, periods of despair when searching for work. And now after nearly a year here in Israel I think I'm settled more or less. Since I moved to Rishon I've dealt with a new city and new surroundings, searching for work and well I've had 3 jobs in a short space of time which I hope with the one I'm in now its 3rd time is the charm and this is a keeper, even if I'm still getting used to said job and wondering if its what I'm really meant to do. Socially I've gotten out and about if not for a while, but with payday and hopefully its a regular occurence I will be able to start getting out and about again in the next week. I've also made some amazing new friends here, but I do feel in someways they were temporary for me, I've lost touch with them and I know you probably say I could get in touch with them, but I've done enough chasing of people over time that it gets frustrating when you send a message or an invite and no-one is interested in replying. Friendship is a two way street and sometimes I feel people take that for granted from me. Someone said I shouldn't be so open and less giving in the beginning, but I can't change the way I am and I don't think I'd want to. After I wouldn't be the person I am today if I changed my personality. But the main shot is I feel like here and in the UK I've lost touch with friends and in a world with Facebook, Skype and other methods of communication it shouldn't be that hard. I'm guilty as much as anyone. I just hope that if anyone is reading this and feels like getting in touch they will drop me a line and we can reconnect. Anyway, for now its back to watching A Town Called Eureka with my room-mate, got her hooked on the series and now just enjoying the final season, plus with a long weekend here we might get it finished. Hope to hear from you all :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment