Friday 26 October 2012

Aliyahversary 1 year in Israel

Okay 1 year and 2 days now. Just thought I'd post its been a year since I came here, seems to have passed in a blink of an eye and sometimes feels like it was yesterday that I got here. But it really has been a year and apart from 12 days in the UK in April, I've been here all that time. Not really sure what to put, I could go over my year here, but if you've been reading the blog, then you know what I've done this last year and I don't like repeating myself. I said I don't like repeating myself LOL. So I suppose really I can sum the year up in highs and lows, mostly a lot of highs and I want to say I do not regret my decision at all to make Aliyah, to give up a comfortable life in the UK and start afresh here. And yes some days have been a struggle and I've felt like I don't know what I'm doing or why I am here and why did I give up life in the UK. But I did and I'm here and I think I'm stronger for it, at least I hope I am. I've made some new friends over here and some good ones that I hope continue to be good friends, sadly I think I've lost a few friends here and in the UK over the last year and that makes me sad, but if they read this and they want to be in touch, I am here. I've had the fun of searching for work and being unemployed and going through 2 other jobs before the current one. A lot more interviews in the last year than I had in a year in England, so guess there is something employable about me as well. I've had a lot more dates over the last year than I think I had in the UK in a long time so thats been fun. And generally life has been pretty good, I do miss the UK sometimes and my friends, seeing pictures on Facebook and talking on Chat and Email is not the same, hope some of you would be tempted to come visit me. Overall, I have seen a lot of highs and had some lows in the year, but I'd say its been a good year and I hope its just the beginning for my life in Israel

No comments:

Post a Comment