Monday 18 February 2013

A Wedding and a Packet of Salt & Vinegar Crisps

Well it’s Monday morning and my holiday is already half over, but it’s been a pretty fun and busy few days already. I flew into Manchester on Thursday night with a little delay due to the flight into Israel being delayed, but I was still here in the UK for around 10.30pm which is only a slight difference in time from its original landing and the flight itself was pretty good, was able to relax and read before arrival. Upon arrival being greeted by my parents and sister I was presented with a packet of Salt & Vinegar Crisps which unfortunately are not available in Israel so nice to have something different. Also I was given a jacket more suited to the weather in the UK as I only came with a thin jacket more suited for warmer weather.
Anyway Friday was a relatively quick start to the day as I visited an Opticians to have my eyes tested... the verdict is I can see! After that it was a quick lunch and off to Hull for the wedding of the year my Auntie Brenda to Harold. Pretty much most of the family stayed in the same hotel so it was good to reconnect with cousins I've not seen for a while.. though a couple of them I'm not sure if they really knew who I was, having been so long since last I saw them. After a lovely dinner with friends and family Friday Evening, it was back to the Hotel to relax and rest.
Saturday came and we went to the Shabbat morning service at the synagogue my parents had been members for many years. It honestly felt strange to be there as it’s the first time I've been to this particular synagogue in nearly 6 years. After the service and a nicely provided Kiddush. My sister and I headed for the KC Stadium to see my beloved Hull City play. I have to say I was apprehensive about watching City, knowing how lately they haven't been on top form. However I had one thing going for me in 6 of my last visits to the KC Stadium Hull had won each game and I wasn't disappointed as they secured a valuable 3 points in our fight to return to the Premier League.
After the game I managed to catch up with an old school friend who I haven't seen in many years and after catching up it was back to the hotel to relax with my family and enjoy good conversation. Sunday came and it was Wedding time, the service was conducted inside the synagogue and was lovely to see, pictures are of course on my Facebook page. Then it was back to the hotel where a lovely lunch was put on, followed by speeches and I even got a special mention as I'd come all the way from Israel to attend. After photos and everything it was time to call the weekend to an end and I'm now back in Manchester relaxing. Still have a few days and a few plans of things to do, so it’s not all going to be sat on my laptop or couch. But for now that's all from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment