Friday 21 September 2018

Chaggim, holidays and life


So it’s been a while since I properly updated.  I think life has just kind of gotten in the way, or I've had nothing much to say/write.

First of all I would also like to thank my Uncle and Aunt for hosting me over Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, it was greatly appreciated.

With those two Chaggim done it’s now onto Sukkot and as such I am now on holiday from work until October :-).  Like Sukkot last year and as with Passover the company office here in Israel closes for all of Sukkot. I'll be honest I'm still finding it a little weird actually to get used to.  Though I suppose it is something you get used to. However, growing up in the UK, I would usually only ever have off the main days of the Chaggim, I never had the in-between period off... unless you count Passover when it fell over the Easter holidays while I was in school/university.  Still it’s nice to have this break, it really has been a while since I've had more than a few days break in a row.

Not sure what I will do for all of the time off, but I'm heading to spend Friday Afternoon through Sunday morning down in the south of Israel with friends to celebrate one of my best friends birthdays, so even though it’s not for a couple more days Happy Birthday Melissa, I hope you have an amazing year ahead and thank you for always being there to listen to me.

After Sukkot on Sunday/Monday, I'm Jerusalem bound to meet at least 1 friend on Tuesday and hang out in their Sukkah.  Also hopefully will get chance to see a former work colleague and meet their little girl, so I have things to do.  There is also the Icon Festival taking place Tuesday through Thursday.  Which basically caters for the geek in me.  So I will find things to do.

What else is there going on, well I've bought my ticket to fly to England for Passover next year.  Planning to take 2 and a half weeks to see the family and hopefully catch up with friends down in London.  As my 1st week will not be doing much because of Passover, I don't really need many plans.  But for the rest of my time there I for sure want things to do rather than just hanging out at my parents place.  So if people have things I can do in Manchester or the local area, please let me know.
  
There isn't much else to report, something rattling around in my head, but I'm trying to be more positive this year and not focus on the negative, maybe I will write about them... but for now they are staying locked up in back of my head where I can't hear them. So for now, I bid you all a good-bye. 



No comments:

Post a Comment