Thursday 1 March 2012

Time marching on

Well we're into March here and I've been in Israel for just over 4 months now and somehow it still feels like a dream some of the time. Still learning in Ulpan and hoping my poor old very full brain will keep learning stuff, I had forgotten how hard it was to learn stuff, and especially learning a new language. Still I think I've learnt a lot in the past few months I certainly know more than I did before I came to Israel, not sure if I'll ever be brilliant at Hebrew, but maybe I'll be at least able to hold a conversation with someone in Hebrew.

Anyway, what else to tell you all, we had a talk on what to do if there were rocket/missile attacks and also if there is an Earthquake. Interesting talk :-). Also I finally picked up my Gas Mask.. never thought I'd ever say or write that sentence, but I have and hopefully it will remain in its box and never have to be used ever

Now onto Jerusalem, I always love going there, love being in the Old City having spent so much time there on my 2 Aish Trips back in 1998 and 1999. And on our way into the Old City and towards the Kotel, I realised we were going the same route I've travelled many times when I was leaving the area to go out for a night. Anyway we went into the The Wohl Archaeological Museum, for a brief tour round there before heading on towards the Wall. Now going to the Wall and standing there for a few minutes is such an experience I can't really describe it. But its such an experience that I enjoy. Anyway after the Kotel we went for Lunch before heading to The Knesset for a tour of Israel's Parliament, which was very interesting as well.

Now I should mention the weather, this week I've seen Sun, Rain, Hail and lots of wind... if I had wanted this kind of weather I would have stayed in England.... Sun come back where are you.

No comments:

Post a Comment