Saturday 25 May 2013

19 months and all that

Hi all, as promised I'm trying to blog more often and let you know how things are going. Well not to upset any of my friends back in the UK, but it’s very sunny and warm here and I've just come back from the beach :-) and the weather forecast is for more of the same tomorrow and the day after that hehe.
Okay I will stop with the weather report :-). As to the title of this entry its 19 months since I came here and its seems to pretty much flown by and I don't regret the change, I do miss things from England and seeing people and missing events but I am glad I took the chance to come here. Anyway onto recent events, I've had a pretty standard week, working away, but also having the chance to get out and about a little bit. I managed to enjoy some Indian food with some friends who insisted on dragging me out when I was feeling a bit low earlier in the week, I've also made a few new friends which is also cool and managed to catch up with a friend who lives locally. I do think my life has been a bit more social since I came to Israel and since I came to Tel Aviv nearly 2 months ago I think its improved drastically thanks to my friends and I hope it continues to improve.
Work related stuff, the project is continuing and I still don't have a finish date so in a sense it’s a good thing as it means each day I get more money :-). In another way it’s a bad thing as I can search for work, but I can't exactly say when I'm available. Still I'm enjoying the job and everyone is very nice that I've talked too and I'm keeping my ears open that maybe a permanent position may appear there still as it would be nice to continue my association with the company, plus I can walk home from where the office is and fulfil my exercise quota for the day.
In the meantime I'm searching for a more permanent role and I did have an interesting experience with an interview at the British Embassy which I didn't get the position, but it was only a short term contract as well so I didn't feel too bad as I wouldn't have liked to deal with the stress of searching again after a few weeks. But it was nice to see the embassy and get a bit of a look round.
Anyway that is it for now, I'm off out to meet some friends for a Douglas Adams evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment