Friday 31 May 2013

June is upon us

Hello everyone, it’s hard to believe that tomorrow is the 1st of June, seems just like yesterday it was January the 1st, where has the year gone. Anyway I hope you are all well and those in the UK had a restful Bank Holiday Monday earlier this week... some of us were hard at work, no Bank Holiday for us.
Work is going well, for a short term job it’s still going on, but I'm not complaining I'm enjoying the work and it’s much preferable to be in work 9 hours a day than to be at home searching for work as I have been doing prior to this. I'm still searching for a more permanent role and hoping that something is just around the corner in that respect. It would be nice if I could finish my contract and jump into a permanent job with as little gap as possible. Hopefully I am lucky in that regards. And if not I'll continue to hunt for a job and sit on the beach in the time I'm not searching for work :-).
One thing that I realise I don't miss from England and that happened to me here in Israel at work is the Office move and the obvious chaos it brings and ironically it wasn't me that was even moving!! About half the floor I'm on has moved out of the building into a new office. Unfortunately no-one told me I was getting moved out of my little office and came into work Thursday morning to find my computer and my chair had gone missing. Hadn't gone very far but was neatly stacked and not set up in another room. Actually took 2 hours from coming in for me to get set back up and get working again and even then I had to go to IT to get a keyboard and a second monitor screen... yep double the monitors, double the work :-). Still all was resolved and hopefully no more desk moving.
Sadly with the office move, I've lost my lunch buddies the lovely ladies of the room next door as they've moved to another building. And I have to say eating lunch by myself on Thursday was a bit odd having got used to actually enjoying a lunch break with company rather than sitting by myself and reading and I know my role is only a short term contract, but I had got used to it and would have been nice to enjoy lunch with people every day while I was there. So thanks to Sam and when they joined us Jen and Paula for making lunch a bit more fun.
Apart from the work stuff, it’s been a bit of a quiet week socially wise, I really need to get out there and meet more single people; after all I'm young, single and ready to mingle :-). I did get out last night to the Dancing Camel Pub and it was fun to do so, to meet a few people from Hull and also some new friends, I just feel like I need to get out more than I am, hopefully that is all still to come. Anyway for now its goodbye, everyone have a good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment