Saturday 17 June 2017

2nd Week and still going

So my 2nd week is done, in fact it’s the end of the weekend and I'm heading into my 3rd week.

It’s not hard to make sense of a first week, everything that happens in the first week is all about getting settled into the job, learning and training.  However for me it felt a lot of more like being thrown into the deep end of the pool with been shown how to do things and then given tasks to complete with a deadline in mind.  However I think I managed the tasks well and everything went well, so my first week was fine with a relaxing weekend following including dinner and Wonder Woman at the cinema.

So onto the 2nd week, unfortunately it was a bit of lacking in training due to the head of the department being away it meant my supervisor was a bit busy with other projects.  However I took it on to look further into the diversion aspect as a follow-up to the meeting we had with the representatives of that country last week.  And then I followed up with another countries diversion before a phone conference to be held on Wednesday.  As a result I had to send my first official email outside the office and received a 'this is brilliant' in response.  It’s nice to know that my work is appreciated so far :-). The phone conference went well and I followed up with things that then went back to them.

As I mentioned it was a bit of a quiet week with training not really happening, I was also left alone for 1 full day, as I joked on Facebook I was the legal department for the day.  Still I'm settling in and hopefully all will be well.

Meanwhile I've not done much socially, spoken to friends and hung out with people over the weekend and tomorrow night looking forward to seeing my former colleagues at another former colleagues wedding.  So it will be a chance to relax and let my hair down.

So for now, hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment