Saturday 10 June 2017

First Day, First Week, how did it go

So it’s the weekend following my first week, this time tomorrow I'll be back in the office for the first day of my 2nd week.  

Since I started working after University, I've had a few jobs and sometimes they have gone well and I've been there a few years and others haven't.  But the one constant thing that needs to happen I believe is a good first day and a good first week.  If you settle down in the first week, I think it sets the pattern for your time there.

So as of last Sunday I stepped into a new position, new office, new people, and new challenge.  I'm a Paralegal at Moroccanoil based in Rishon Lezion.  So I have to travel and it’s a bit further than before, but I've done similar and as someone said to me people who work in London, don't always live in London so they commute, so it’s not a big deal.  And it isn't... as it stands I get up, get the train for 25 minutes and then walk from the station for 25 minutes to the office.  So far I've been getting to the building about 20 minutes before work.  It gives me a chance to relax before work, spend 10 minutes reading before I head into the office.

So anyway the actual job, its working for a cosmetics company in their legal department and as I found early on, it seems like I will be busy and taking a lot of responsibility on.  Currently I am the only Paralegal.  One left and the other is away on Maternity leave.  So it’s just me and even though it’s very daunting and something I'm not experienced in, I would like to think I'm up for the challenge.  So far already, I've participated in two meetings with distributors from overseas.  The second of which I actually contributed to by preparing a report for the meeting.  Which when you've only worked in the company for 8 and a half hours and asked to start preparing said spreadsheet/report is very nerve wracking.  But I've tried to listen and learn as I go along and ask questions about something if I'm not sure and it’s gone well. Our part of the meeting went well and I think my bosses were pleased with what I had done and that I was following up on stuff as well from that meeting.  

It feels good to have some praise with my work and yes I have a lot to learn, but I do feel I'm off to a good start I hope and well I'm taking each day as it comes and I hope to feel eventually fully comfortable in my position there.

Thanks to everyone who has wished me luck for this week or liked my work related Facebook statues, I promise to not do too many, but this is a new start and a step into the unknown for me, but so far after 5 days it’s going well.


1 comment:

  1. Wow sounds challenging but I'm glad it's going well anyway. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete