Friday 23 June 2017

Some weeks are tougher than others

So I finished my 3rd week and this week felt tougher than the first two.  I think it’s down to more work being sent my way which is good, because I don't like not being busy, but as I'm still learning it’s tough.

One of my colleagues told me that I shouldn't worry and that in her opinion, it takes a month to get used to the place and the people and 3 months to get used and know the job.  All I know is I've felt a bit off this week.  I think I figured it out in that as some people know I did a previous stint as a Paralegal here in Israel and it didn't go well and I was only there for 3 and a bit weeks and I think with this being my 3rd week I was feeling a little apprehensive about it all.  I'm not sure why though, as my supervisor says I'm doing fine so far and while I'm not doing a lot, I'm trying to learn and expand my knowledge if there is something I do not know.  I'm asking questions as well and talking to other staff if they can help me.

I have though found the task that I think I'm never going to like, even if I ever get to understand it LOL.  But still there is always a job within a job that we don't like doing :-).

But yeah 3 weeks in, still feels new but I'm getting there and I hope in a few months, all the doubts I have about this new job and worry about doing a good job are a thing of the past.

Other news, had an enjoyable time seeing former colleagues at the wedding of Moran and Elad.  It was fun and a hearty Mazal tov to you both.  To my former colleagues I hope to see you all soon.

Otherwise it’s pretty much same old, same old.  Putting my non-work thoughts into what I can do for my birthday in 7 weeks.  Suggested some things and people have said what they think, I just have to make the decision what we actually do. All I know as well as the evening event, I won't work on my birthday for the first time in a while and I want to do something during the day.  So if anyone has ideas what I can do during the day time please suggest away.

So, I hope you all have a great weekend, be in touch.



No comments:

Post a Comment