Friday 2 June 2017

Closing the Chapter on the Typist and starting a new one.

Well its been a couple of weeks since I last posted, been fairly busy but I've some downtime now so here I am.

Well as most of you know, especially if you're on my Facebook I've been counting down to yesterday evening, where after 2 and a half years as English Typist at Dr. Shlomo Cohen & Co. I bid farewell to that position and from Sunday morning I will be starting a new role.

I have to say although as people have commented that I look so much happier from the moment I announced I was leaving this job to move to another and in someways I do feel happier.  But I am also nervous because I'm stepping into the unknown and while I have a little experience in the area my new job will cover.  It is still very much brand new.  I keep telling myself that this company would not have hired me if they didn't think I could do the job, but still there is always a little doubt in my mind, I just have to go into Sunday with my eyes wide open and listen, learn, ask questions (even ask the same once a few times).  But above all else stay calm.

Still it will feel weird to not be an English Typist anymore, after all I've been in Israel now 5 and a half years and this role was my longest here, taking 2 and a half years so its not hard to understand that while some things I did not like.  I've made friends there and one of the hardest things I've found is staying in touch with people when they or you move on and I sincerely hope that it does not happen.

I will miss my girls though.  When you're the only guy among the Receptionists and the Achamashia... its kind of hard not to see them as my girls :-).  Although at least I will not have to share my chocolate anymore (sorry Daniella and Hadar... its all mine now..).

Going to be weird not getting calls to come check and correct people's English, but everything ends and all that, I'm going onto a new thing and I hope that it will be the start of an amazing thing.






No comments:

Post a Comment