Saturday 7 January 2012

Friday Nights

The one thing I never really thought about when I got here, is what I would do on Friday nights, back in England it was either a quiet night at home by myself where I would make Kiddush for myself and get some Challah's in as well or I would be at an organised Friday Night or at my parents having a family Friday Night. So when it came to having Shabbat Dinner here in Israel over the Ulpan I was wondering how I would spend it. Fortunately thanks to people in the dorms apart from a couple of Friday nights and one Friday in the company of friends of the family I've spent most Shabbat Evenings in the company of my new friends with good food, good conversation (okay they're actually speaking French which I never learnt at school) but still you get the idea and its fun, so to everyone who is a part of that I appreciate being included :-).

On other subjects, I've started the process to get my Driving Licence converted for use over here in Israel. Yep it means keep everyone off the roads I'm getting wheels LOL. But seriously I've started the process, I needed to get a form and a picture taken as well as an eye test which I've managed to get done all in one go, so thats one thing out the way. I now need to get a medical to check i'm healthy before I can take the paperwork to the relevant authority, to get it signed off and then be able to go to a Driving School, I think when I do go, I will probably need 3 or 4 lessons as i've not driven at all for about 4 years, so I maybe a little rusty when it comes to driving, though if its like the old saying its like riding a bike you never forget, then maybe I will be okay after a couple of lessons, we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment