Wednesday 25 January 2012

Sports Day and Envious

Well been a busy couple of days or so, went to the pool with Simon and David... okay we didn't actually swim at all, but spent most of the time in the jacuzzi and then for me the steam room, but fun, though the walk from the Sport Centre to get the Carmelit was exhausting, quite steep walk uphill... either that or I'm unfit. Then today after a shorter than normal day at Ulpan we had a sports day a short distance away from the Ulpan and the dorms. While I only participated in the basketball game, it was fun to watch and also tiring even for a few minutes... Realised I am so very unfit LOL. Tomorrow there is no Ulpan, instead we have ten minute interview slots to check up on our progress as we're at the halfway point and then its the weekend.

As for the envious part, some of the people on the Ulpan have part-time jobs and as such are quite busy and at the moment I'm feel a bit bored, stuck in a routine, hopefully once I've found work and everything this will change, so its possible I should enjoy the downtime now. Also a little envious that some people have social connections here in Israel, I have a couple of connections, but it would be nice to be able to just go away for the weekend and see friends. Again I suppose this will come with time, I've been here not 4 months yet, so I should expect everything to come now, but I think I'm a little bored of the routine at the moment. Oh well, everything comes to he who waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment