Thursday 2 February 2012

Jerusalem, not very well and other things lol

Well been about a week since I've blogged bits and pieces have occurred since then. I spent a great weekend in Jerusalem with a friend who made Aliyah in July last year and was the Jerusalem Ulpan Etzion. She now lives in South Central Jerusalem and is just starting her 2nd Ulpan. Apart from visiting her, I was also going to a Communal Shabbat in that area and it was fun, I made a few new friends, got to practice a bit of Hebrew with one person, the only Israeli there, the rest preferred English LOL. But I managed to get a bit of practice in and I was understood which is good. The food wasn't fantastic but it was good, dessert even better. On Saturday itself I'd been invited to join where my friend was going for Shabbat dinner and that was a lot of fun as I made a few new friends for Facebook and one of her neighbours even suggested I send them my CV, so I did and he hopes to be able to help me he will so all positive there.

Also started applying for jobs and actually had a few responses which is more than I did in England!!! Unfortunately due to factors like the Ulpan I can't go any further, but one of them was very nice and said get in touch closer to the end of my Ulpan. But I'm going to still keep looking and hope maybe I find a job that I will wait for me until I finish Ulpan. Still also have to find somewhere to live so a lot got to do in the next 2 months.

Apart from that, had to miss a day of Ulpan today :-( very disappointed as I had a 100% record of attendance, but I wasn't feeling very well before I got there and within a few minutes was feeling a bit worse. As a result half an hour into my day I ended up coming home and back to bed... still got homework for the weekend LOL. Apart from that not much else to tell I had a nice evening out with a couple of friends from the dorms, was nice to do something different than stay in my room which seems to have become a bit of a pattern lately, still the weather is good today and I feel better than I did earlier today, so I think things are looking up.

No comments:

Post a Comment