Saturday 11 February 2012

Weekend and 1st Driving Lesson

Well another weekend nearly over and back to studies. Think I've had a semi productive weekend, done some study, written up my vocabulary list to add words I've learnt from the past few weeks. Gone for a walk and a chat with a couple of the people in the dorms, nice to get out and it was sunny and quite pleasant where we sat as well, so nice to do that.

Now onto the driving lesson, my 1st time behind the wheel of a car in Israel and the 1st time behind the wheel of a car in probably over 2 years so very nerve-wracking but as I'm writing this blog, I obviously survived to tell the tale LOL. I'm definitely rusty in driving, but hope that just like riding a bike, you don't forget to drive. While my gear changes could do with work, I think generally it went well and with a bit of practice I'll take and pass my test to get my licence converted to an Israeli one. Next lesson is Monday so hopefully that goes as well as yesterday's

Meanwhile, I'm still applying for jobs and hoping that any I apply for will see my potential and give me employment, I'll even drop CV'S into shops if its necessary to do something to earn a little money. Not trying to get to worried but with just over 6 weeks left of Ulpan its getting to a point where I have to hope I find something soon. The apartment hunt is something after a bit of advice I don't think I have to worry about until the beginning of March, but again would be nice to get that sorted out sooner rather than later.

I know that I need to do a 2nd Ulpan, sadly at present I also need to work 1st to earn the money to be able to afford a 2nd Ulpan and hope by finding a job, in the evenings I can find another Ulpan to do, so keep your fingers crossed for me on all counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment