Tuesday 24 January 2012

Halfway Point

Hard to believe but its the halfway point of Ulpan and I've been in Israel for 3 months, it feels like its flown by, but now at this point, the hard work begins. With 2 months left of Ulpan, it finishes the end of March, I now have to start looking for a job here in Israel and somewhere to live as well. All very daunting as it was bad enough to search for work and a place in London, but here in a country where English isn't the native language, its even more scary. Still I've applied for a few jobs already and just waiting to hear from them, but I suspect I'll get more determined and serious as time gets closer to the end. As for the apartment/room hunt, I've got a few websites to look at, so hopefully something will come from that. I'm still undecided on whether I want to share, having done the shared living in rented places back in London for nearly 10 years, I'm not sure if I'm at a stage where I'd like to go it alone. But then again Israel is brand new and the more sensible idea would be to work with someone to find something, but then again I've never been that sensible LOL>

Apart from that Ulpan is going well, we had a big test on pretty much all we've learnt since we started and I think it went well, I hope it went well, I will find out this week I hope. We also have a Sports Day on Wednesday and interviews about our progress on Thursday. Also Thursday I'm going to visit the Doctor for my medical to continue my driving licence conversion process. Doctor probably take one look at me and say nope, your not fit to drive!!!!

I'm also feeling a little fed up at the moment, feel like at the halfway point, I'm feeling a bit alone, everyone is going off doing their own thing, as well as keeping to themselves, and feel at a loose end or stuck in a routine at the moment, sure its just temporary but still, I don't like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment