Tuesday 17 January 2012

Ulpan Trip and a little worried

Well we had our fourth trip as part of the Ulpan, today it was to 3 destinations, the 1st was near to the town of Atlit to go the Detainee Camp situated there, it was a camp set up to prevent Jewish refugees mostly Holocaust survivors entering what was then Palestine. After a tour round the camp and a few short films detailing the Jewish Refugee's journey to then Palestine, we headed off again towards Tel Aviv. There after a brief history lesson we went to Independence Hall which was the site of the signing of Israel's Declaration of Independence in May of 1948. After that it was a brief walk around Jaffa and then we went off for dinner in Jaffa and after that we returned to Haifa.

Now for the worried part, we're halfway through the Ulpan and as we get closer to the end I'm getting worried that I'm not picking up the language well enough or that I'll find a job or an apartment, I'm sure I'm not the only person in the Ulpan worry about these things, but it feels like it LOL. Still I'm determined to remain upbeat and not lose hope that everything will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment