Sunday 6 January 2013

End of the Year and a Friends visit

Well this is my first Blog post of 2013 and I guess I should sum up 2012 for myself in this one as its been a while since I blogged anyway.
So 2012 has come and gone, now onto another year. I think 2012 was an eventful year for me really, Started off the year by completing my Ulpan in Haifa and coming away with at least in my own opinion a Bet Level of Hebrew. I have to say I haven't really used it as much as a I should have since then, but I do continue to use it and even manage to have a conversation with people, even if it doesn't sound right and I get the words wrong sometimes. Since the end of the Ulpan its move to Rishon and I've searched for work and I've been lucky and unlucky with that, having found work but been unable to settle into it to make it a permanent thing. I suppose it just means that those jobs were not right for me and the right job is still out there waiting and hopefully around the corner.
Socially 2012 wasn't bad, I wouldn't say it was better or worse than my life in London on a social level. I think here in the last year I've had more dates than I had in London in a long time and I've gotten out and about with friends and made new friends. Even attending a Doctor Who event and a sci-fi convention so I'm getting out there. Like with my employment hunt for the right job, it all takes time and while it would be nice to have had it all fall into place in a short space of time, I accept it wouldn't and it might be a little while longer before it settles down. Otherwise everything else is pretty much ticking over nicely.
As I mentioned earlier and in the title my friend Georgina came from London to stay with me for 10 days and it was a very good 10 days. I hadn't seen Georgina since October 2011 before I left London in preparation for making Aliyah so it was good to catch up with her. Though her flight coming in at a sensible time would have been nice!!! Still she arrived safely and after a chilled day out I took her to meet some of my friends in Tel Aviv and I admit I wasn't sure if she would get on with them, but she bonded with them, so much so she added them to Facebook that night!!! Plus we managed to get her into watching Doctor Who, so not a bad 1st evening. The Friday we went into Tel Aviv and around nachlat binyamin arts and craft fair, which I think is the 1st time I've really been there as well and it was an amazing experience to see the whole thing. Then I took her through the Carmel Market and a walk on the beach, before we returned home and chilled out back at mine and then went to the Cinema. Apart from the 1st two days it was a pretty chilled 10 days, we travelled to see Old Jaffa and walked around there, spent more time with my friends Tal and David. Enjoyed a New Year Eve drink or two in the Temple Bar in Rishon. Again ventured into Tel Aviv to Max Brenner's with Tal and David for some Chocolate and then finally saw a friend of Georgina's yesterday for a drink and a bite to eat. Now she is at the airport heading back and I'll admit its quiet around here and I will miss having my friend about, but I'm sure I will see her soon.
Anyway thats about it, back to the job hunting and living carefully. Feel free to check out my new page on Facebook as that's where I am now posting my blog. And I hope to hear from you all soon

No comments:

Post a Comment