Friday 26 July 2013

Busy first week

Well its me again and its been less than a week since I last blogged, I'm getting more frequent with my posting, the next gap will be 4 days LOL.
So since I last posted I've completed my 1st full week at my new job, each of the first 3 days of the week has seen me learn more stuff and also work on my own to try and complete the jobs I have to do, now that the person I'm replacing has now left. Fortunately I think I'm getting a good understanding of the job and I have made mistakes... yes it’s my 1st week I'm going to make mistakes. However I've been shown the mistake and I think I'm getting to understand where the mistake was made and not make it again. So I think it’s been a good week so far, the only downside was the disruption in travel for me.
As people may or may not know I'm working out of Tel Aviv about 30-40 minutes train ride away and this week due to emergency repairs so for the last two days of this week I've had to use the bus and usually its just 1 bus and a train ride to work, for Wednesday and Thursday it was 3 buses to get there and 2 to get home... So very long days for me, leaving mine at 6 and managing to get to my office on time for 9 but then getting home late as well, I will be glad the trains are running Sunday morning again as Sunday I open this offices... yep I'm the first one in and the person with the key... scary stuff but I'll do fine.
Speaking of mistakes I've made a few over the years and yes Israel has been very hard, but I don't regret coming here and hopefully now with this job, things will finally fall into place. Yes I have made mistake with friends and people I've met here and friends in the UK sometimes feel like I've not been the best friend to people who have been only nice to me. So with my birthday beckoning, I'm going to be a new person, a new me, try and always look for the best in every situation no matter how bad things might be and try and be there for my friends when I have not.
Apart from work the last week has been a bit quiet as I've been working and relaxing after travelling, I did manage to go out last night and very briefly to a party this afternoon, so I am getting out there, just need to start talking to people, getting myself known and building the social life :-). So for now that’s all folks

No comments:

Post a Comment