Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Day in Israel

Well its 25th December, Christmas Day and well I got to say it does feel a little weird being in Israel, what I mean apart from a few shops and some trees that I've seen in the German Colony there is no sign of it being christmas and yes it is Israel so not as country that really celebrates, but feels weird after years of being in England and seeing trees and houses decorated. Also feels strange not to be at home with my family, while we don't celebrate christmas, its still a time for us all to get together and relax, eat together and watch the Queen's speech and then Doctor Who and the soaps such Emmerdale and Corrie Street later on, but this year feels a bit weird that I'm not there. In some ways I'm envious that some people have gone home to their families or relatives in Israel, in other ways i'm not as it would have made it so much harder to come back if I'd gone back during this break. Anyway its nice and quiet and i'm getting a bit of reading done and some study as well, so basically its all same as normal here in Israel. Hope your all having a good day and got all the pressies you wanted.

1 comment: